Exercise has proven to be very valuable to people in a number of ways. With a moderate amount of exercise, it has shown to be effective in keeping people healthy. Regular exercise can help people of all ages by keeping a healthy heart, improve circulation, help keep joints moving and even can improve a person’s mental health. Of course, with any exercise regimen it is important to check with your doctor to ensure that it is right for you. While there are a number of different exercises that are good for people, two of the most popular and easiest to begin are biking and running.
Riding a bicycle is an easy form of exercise that can be done by people of all ages. It is also something that can be as challenging as you want to make it. Whether you are going for a leisurely three mile ride or a physically exerting fifty mile trip, it can be beneficial to your health. To help you get started with your biking for exercise program, here are a few helpful resources.
- Bicycle Safety Equipment
- Beginners Guide to Cycling
- Guide to Choosing a Bicycle
- How to Choose the Best Bike
- Guide to Buying a New Bike
- Kids and Bicycle Safety
- Bicycle Safety
- Bicycle Safety Tips
- Information on Bicycle Safety
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety
Stretching and Health
- Stretching and Injury Prevention
- Physical Activity Fact Sheet
- Common Overuse Injuries in Cycling
- Walking and Cycling to Health
One of the best overall methods of exercising is running. Runners can be as young as school age or as old as retirement age. Running can be done for a number of reasons, all can help your health. Many people just run for the exercise benefits, while others run as a form of sport and can challenge themselves by running in road races. Regardless of your overall goals, we have put together a number of useful resources to help you get started in running.
- Running Gear and Accessories
- Running Shoes and Gear
- Beginners Guide to Running
- Tips for Beginner Runners
- Safety Tips While Running or Jogging
- Jogger and Personal Safety
- General Running Safety Tips
- Running Safety Tips for Kids
- Tips for Staying Safe While Running
Stretching and Health
- Stretches Before Running
- Essential Stretches for Runners
- Running for Health
- Health Benefits of Running and Jogging
We hope you found this information helpful. Now get out and enjoy the health benefits of bicycle riding or running!