Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower Review
The Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower is a hybrid of a rower and a recumbent bike. Its design and use offers a full body workout…
Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower Specs
|Console display||Large LCD monitor|
|Seat type||Ergonomic seat|
|Flywheel||Silent Magnetic Resistance|
|Weight capacity||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||79.2 L x 20.50 W x 38.3 H|
Why You Should Trust Us
The Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower is two workout machines in one. Now discontinued, this unit can be found as a great used model or at some retail outlets. If found, keep in mind, this hybrid helps you get your cardio in on the recumbent bike and build strength with the rower. It’s an easy transition between the two set-ups with the adjustable seat, console and pedals.
Monitoring your stats (speed, distance, calories burned, rpm and time) on the LCD screen is simple and user-friendly. The built-in target pacer keeps you on track and focused by signalling with an indicator light when to increase or decrease your efforts based on your own fitness aspirations. How’s that for having your own personal trainer at your beck and call?
Up your fitness game with 20 resistance levels that work various muscle groups (core, arms, legs) and can give you a great cardio workout as well. You can also choose from 24 on-board workout programs (12 calorie-burning and 12 performance-based) all designed by certified personal trainers.
Comfort is always important as that can affect how long you are willing to work out, which can determine how long it takes you to reach your fitness goals. In the recumbent position the adjustable, ergonomic seat and backrest are padded, which is helpful. As for the rower, the soft touch, non-slip handles (also ergonomic) are designed to slow down fatigue in your hands.
The machine is made with the SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance system which makes for a quiet transition as you increase or decrease your intensity and the enhanced flywheel ensures a smooth pedal stroke.
Once you are finished with your workout, the SpaceSaver® design and front-mounted wheels make it easy to fold up the machine and move it out of the way.
- Full Body Workout: Since this is two machines in one, you’ll tone and build strength from the rower and get a good cardio workout from the recumbent bike. Transitioning between the two is easy.
- 20 Resistance Levels: Increase your fitness and strength at as you increase levels.
- Soft-Touch Ergonomic Handle: Designed to reduce hand fatigue, this feature helps you workout longer.
- Large LCD monitor: Easily view speed, time, distance, rpm and calories burned while working out.
- Built-in Target Pacer: Once you have programmed your fitness goals the pacer keeps you on track, letting you know when to speed up or slow down to meet your targets.
- 24 On-board Workouts: Workouts designed by certified personal trainers offer 12 specifically to burn calories and 12 for performance. They’re further divided into 12 for the rower and 12 for the recumbent bike.
- Space Saver® Design/Transport Wheels: Once you are finished easily fold up and move out of the way.
- High Weight Capacity: With a capacity of up to 350 lbs the machine will accommodate most exercisers.
- Footrests: Adjustable straps keep feet in place and add stability.
- Ergonomic Cushioned Seat: The padded seat is adjustable to maximize comfort.
- Leveling feet: Adjustable leveling feet create stability on uneven surfaces.
- Sturdy Build: The Dual Trainer is made with durable materials and an aluminum seat rail.
- Warranty: There is a lifetime warranty on the frame, however, only a 1-year parts and labor warranty.
- Quality Control: It appears that for the most part it is a well-built machine, however, there are issues with quality control as some users received machines that had improperly aligned pieces.
- Discontinued Model: The unit might be hard to service.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE PROFORM DUAL TRAINER BIKE/ROWER?
The Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower is a good choice for someone looking for a full body workout at home. It’s especially useful for someone who finds more standing-based exercise machines like treadmills or ellipticals difficult to manage due to injury or disability, and, with a weight capacity of 350 lbs, the majority of exercisers will be able to use it comfortably. Additionally, if you have limited space in your home the two-machines-in-one Dual Trainer gives you variety in your workout routine while only taking up the space of a single machine.
The Bottom Line
The Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower hybrid is a good piece of workout equipment for your home gym. It’s ideal because it is two machines in one, thus taking up less space. Whether you’re using it for rowing or biking, you’ll enjoy a sturdy, quiet workout. It comes with plenty of programs and resistance levels and helps to keep you on track with the target pacer. The warranty could be better and the quality control needs improvement, but overall it’s a solid machine that will help you to achieve your fitness goals at home.