Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle Review
See below for the best alternative model.
How We Reviewed This Model
Durable enough for commercial gyms, the Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle is popular in fitness classes and home gyms alike. This spin bike from Vision Fitness supports intense workouts for any fitness level and it’s engineered to satisfy competitive outdoor cyclists’ high performance standards. The V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle has a 40-pound flywheel, micro-adjustable tension, and an easy-to-read data screen.
The Vision V-Series indoor bike has a sticker price of $1099. Shipping and indoor delivery are included. Here are some pros and cons to consider.
The GreatThis basic indoor trainer is especially appropriate for spin class. It doesn’t have the perks found on standard exercise bikes or recumbent bikes, but it does have a heavy drive and provide some session feedback. Highlights include:
- Heavy Flywheel: Like any good indoor bike, the Vision V-Series has a heavy flywheel with high inertia. The flywheel weighs 40 pounds (18 kg).
- Micro-adjustable Resistance: Users can control resistance by turning a knob between the handlebars. Tension is controlled through buttons on other bikes, which are more convenient but less precision. Competitive cyclists prefer the Vision’s setup.
- Emergency Stop: An emergency brake provides extra safety.
- Standard Pedals: The standard alloy pedals feel like a real road bike. Riders can use their own pedals if desired. As with other indoor cycle trainers, the pedals let the rider stand up straight to isolate different muscles. This isn’t an option with standard upright stationary bikes.
- Exercise Data: Data including RPM, distance, heart rate, and more are provided on a small yet easy-to-read data console.
- Adjustable: The handlebars and ergonomic saddle on the V-Series spin bike are micro-adjustable to fit different body types. Additionally, the handlebars are designed to support different types of riding stances.
- Water Bottle Holder: A water bottle cage is attached to the handlebars.
- Sturdy Design: This fitness machine has a maximum user weight capacity of 290 pounds, which is comparable to other indoor bikes in its class. The frame is zinc-coated and the seat stem is stainless steel. The bike weighs 108 pounds.
- Small Size: This compact unit can easily fit into an apartment or home. It measures approximately 56″ L x 21″ W x 43″ H.
- Good Warranty: The V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle has a three-year warranty on parts, which works out to about $1/day over three years. There is a five-year warranty on the frame and a one-year free labor agreement.
Spin bikes in general aren’t for everybody. They’re meant for intense workouts that simulate outdoor rides. Unlike other exercise bikes, spin bikes are not for gentle physical rehabilitation and wouldn’t be described as low-impact on the joints. Plus, indoor cycle trainers almost always lack the programming that’s usually found on traditional upright exercise bikes.
Here are some potential disadvantages of the Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle:
- No Transport Wheels: For easy transport, many indoor bikes have small wheels affixed to their frames. The Vision V-Series does not and it weighs 108 pounds.
- No Preset Workouts: Riders are on their own in terms of goal-setting and adjusting the bike’s resistance. This is usually the case with indoor cycle trainers, but some do provide workout guidance. One example is the Diamondback 910Ic Indoor Cycle Trainer with 18 preset programs, four of which are controlled by wireless heart rate data. Another example is the Epic A17U, with 22 presets and iFit.
- Belt Resistance: The mechanical resistance used on this trainer is often preferred by outdoor bikers. Still, keep in mind that it will probably require more long-term care compared with a bike that uses frictionless magnetic braking.
Who Should Ride the Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle?
The Bottom Line
The Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle is a quality indoor cycle. However, it doesn’t stand out against the competition. It’s a very basic machine, yet not especially low-priced to match. This is primarily a spin bike targeting avid cyclists who don’t want exercise guidance. Be sure to research other comperable bikes before committing to this machine.
Vision V-Series Commercial Indoor Cycle Specs
|Resistance||Friction brake with micro-adjust knob and emergency stop|
|Seat type||Ergonomic cycling saddle|
|Dimensions||56" L x 21.25" W x 43" H|